Renal Counsellor Required: Dorchester, Dorset
Closing: 26/08/2021 23:59
Site: Dorset County Hospital
Salary: £25,655 – £31,534 pro rata per annum
Salary period: Yearly
Interview date: 14/09/2021
Grade: NHS AfC: Band 5
Hours: Part time – 22.5 hours per week
Job ref: 405-21-PT428REN
This role which we see as a vital component of the service we provide will be working as part of an established multidisciplinary team comprising of; Consultants, Renal Specialist Nurses & Managers, Nurses and Health Care Support Workers. You will be expected to offer psychological insight and knowledge around the clinical area and provide consultation about the psychological care of the client group to staff, families and other agencies.
Living with a long-term illness & the impact of chronic kidney disease can be exhausting and stressful for patients, carers & families. At these difficult and uncertain times, whilst some people prefer to make use of their own support network, others may prefer to speak with someone impartial and separate from friends and family. Counselling can help someone manage the day to day challenges of living with CKD providing emotional support and space to talk about the impact of chronic kidney disease in a confidential setting. Patients may be worried about the choices of dialysis options, transplantation or managing everyday problems related to work, finance or relationships.
We aim to help and support people to carry on living with their diagnosis & management of it with a good standard of mental well-being.
The post holder will have a key role in providing specialist psychological assessments, interpretation from psychological tests, semi-structured interviews, and individual and group DBT therapy for services users.
Within the Trust you will be part of a larger support group of Psychologists & Counsellors who support each other.
The post holder will:
- Offer assessments and interventions to adults with chronic & end stage renal failure.
- Manage a caseload of clients following referrals from the multidisciplinary team
- Formulate flexible, robust and holistic care plans with clients and/or carers that aim to guide service users towards reaching an optimum level of functioning and support them to maintain good mental health.
- Provide specialist occupation based assessments and interventions using a variety of techniques such as confidence building, development of coping strategies and memory interventions.
- Work within the model of recovery led practice and facilitate user involvement in all aspects of service delivery.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)