School and Community based Counsellor: Cardiff & Vale, Wales
- Closing Date: 30 November 2020
Location: Cardiff & Vale
Contract type: Permanent (Fixed term funded post)
End date: 31 March 2021
Salary : £23,545.00 – £27,689.00 FTE
As a School-based Counsellor you will be located in High Schools in the Vale of Glamorgan delivering counselling. You will also provide counselling to year 6 pupils within the community, for those able to access the service independently. As part of your role your duties will include:
- Providing an independent professional counselling service to children and young people aged 10–19 years.
- Working in a formal counselling capacity with children and young people on a one to one or group basis.
- Contributing to service development.
- Promoting the counselling service.
- Working co-operatively with children’s services, health agencies and other community based services.
- Supervising students or volunteers, allocating work, providing day to day supervision and support as required.
- Working flexibly according to the demands of the service.
- Have the ability to be responsible for the more complex cases/situations presenting within the service.
- Be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the service.
- Performing such other duties, within the competence of the post holder, as may be required reasonably from time to time including counselling work outside of normal hours, including as appropriate, during non-work time.
You will have:
- A Professional Diploma level 4 in Counselling.
- BACP accreditation and registration or UKCP equivalent.
- Evidence of proven post-qualifying supervised practice with children and young people.
- Experience of applying safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures.
- Ability to listen to and communicate effectively with Children and Young People.
You must demonstrate in your application that you currently use the skills outlined above, and in the Job Description/Person Specifications, or have used them previously in employment, education, training, volunteering etc. This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
Barnardo’s believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore are open to offering flexible working arrangements.
Although this contract has a permanent status, please be aware that this post is subject to continued funding, currently until 31 March 2021, and therefore should this funding not be extended further, you may be subject to a redundancy consultation or a TUPE arrangement.
Please note although work is for 44 weeks of the year, salary payments will be spread over 12 pay periods.