School Counsellor / CBT Required: Harrow, Greater London
- Latest application date31-Aug-2022
- Pay informationDependent on Experience
- 30 hours per week during term time (approximately 33 weeks per year) The role: The School Counsellor works with the School Psychologist and the School doctor to deliver counselling sessions; focusing on helping the boys to be healthy, monitoring long-term conditions and supporting the delivery of School policies. He/she will provide assessment, support, guidance and advice to boys, parents and the School’s Senior Management Team.
The skills: You will have a Post-graduate Diploma or Masters-level qualification in Counselling or Psychotherapy, and an accreditation from a recognised CBT or counselling professional body. The role will enable you to demonstrate your understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues affecting young people from diverse backgrounds. You will pride yourself on your ability to prioritise a busy workload, make sound clinical decisions and build genuine long-term relationships through everyday interactions in order to drive up service standards, whilst enjoying being part of the life of our vibrant and historic School.
The environment: Harrow School is situated within a beautiful site in Harrow on the Hill, north west London, and is one of the best-known schools in the world, with around 835 boys studying at Harrow. The Medical Centre team provides a full-time comprehensive healthcare service for the boys and employees of the School. A consultant in child and adolescent psychiatry attends each week to consult with the Medical Centre staff on the emotional and psychological aspects of the boys’ care, as well as providing a direct service to the boys and their families. The Medical Centre provides facilities for the School Counsellor to hold confidential open-access sessions for boys.
The benefits include:
• free lunch when working 8-hour days
• free parking
• automatic enrolment in the School’s pension scheme
• use of the School’s sports facilities such as the swimming pool, gym, and running track
• subsidised membership of the tennis, golf, angling and social clubs
Applications will be processed as they are received so early application is recommended.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)