School Counsellor Required: Bournemouth, Dorset
The Bishop of Winchester
Are you looking for a career in a thriving, friendly and supportive standalone academy where staff welfare is a priority?
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people in a role that really matters?
If so, The Bishop of Winchester Academy wants you!
We have a rare opportunity to join us as a Counsellor and provide specialist expertise in a role that is crucial to the smooth running of our academy.
It is important our students can manage their educational, vocational and personal progression, and so you will ensure the appropriate support is identified and provided to give students the best possible prospects for their future lives.
To apply for this role you will have BACP accreditation, UKCP or BPC registration.
With knowledge of CAMHS and local mental health services, you will have a minimum of two years’ experience of working with young people and understand their developmental, emotional, social and educational issues.
With a warm, empathetic and nonjudgemental personality, you will empower our students to develop resilience and achieve their goals.
We would be delighted to take you on a tour of the school and give you the opportunity to meet us and answer any questions you may have. As Counsellor, you will be welcomed into an experienced team of professionals to:
• Assess the individual needs of students referred to the counselling service and identify appropriate support
• Prioritise students according to their needs and concerns
• Use a secure and confidential setting to talk to students who need the counselling services
• Maintain accurate records of student meetings
• Be a positive role model to our students, making a lasting impact on their lives The Bishop of Winchester Academy is a thriving Church of England school, recently recognised by Ofsted as prioritising ‘wider opportunities alongside achievement so that pupils “live life to the full.”’ (Ofsted 2023).
Operating from recently refurbished facilities, our shared mission to improve the life chances of all of our students is at the very centre of our work.
We put the welfare of our staff at the heart of everything we do and can offer you:
• Generous employer pension contribution at 23% basic salary
• Career development with a bespoke CPD programme
• Excellent newly refurbished teaching facilities with free onsite parking and good local public transport links
• Employee Assistance Programme and Cycle to Work scheme
• Close proximity to beaches and the Jurassic Coast to assist your work life balance
To apply for this Counsellor role, please visit the vacancies section of our website to complete an application form: https://www.tbowa.org/staff/vacancies/teaching-staff.
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com, addressing your covering letter to Mr Paul McKeown, Principal.