School Counsellor Required: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Closing Date: 16th September 2020
Location: Cambridgeshire (TBAP Academies in East Region – Wisbech, St Neots & Cambridge)
Salary: Spine Point 33 (E&W) – £35,934.00 p.a.
Contract: Term time only (40 weeks). Full time, consideration of part time.
Start Date: ASAP
- To deliver excellent counselling service to learners who may be experiencing a wide range of emotional problems.
- To offer guidance, support and advice to the school, parents and carers.
- To observe confidentiality and to facilitate the Trust’s objective to provide outstanding education to all learners.
- Contribute to the safeguarding and promotion of the welfare and care of children and young people.
- To be responsible for the confidential counselling services to students as needed, travelling across 4 different TBAP sites.
- To be responsible for advice and support to staff.
- To be responsible for maintaining appropriate and confidential records.
- To liaise with the local safeguarding lead and the Trust-wide Lead for Safeguarding & Children’s Welfare on a frequent basis.
- To provide regular audit information such as numbers, age range and types of problems to SLT.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the Mental Health provision locally and nationally.
To continually review and evaluate the service