School Counsellor Required: Crawley, West Sussex
Closing Date: Sunday 01 August 2021
Salary: £17,500 per annum
Position Type: Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent
From September 2021 we are seeking to appoint a School Counsellor within Worth School, for two days per week working Monday’s and Wednesdays Term Time only. The School Counsellor is there to provide a confidential counselling service for students at the school, in a safe environment, whilst working with the wider pastoral team to ensure the wellbeing of the students.
The School Counsellor will be responsible for:
- Arranging appointments for individual students, by use of a referral system
- Conducting safe and meaningful counselling sessions
- Analyse and assess the individual students needs and liaise with pastoral staff.
What we are looking for:
- A professional counsellor with at least 5 years clinical experience
- Holding at least an accredited diploma in Counselling and/or Psychotherapy but desirably a degree in a relevant discipline
- Registered as a practicing member on an Accredited Register for Counselling (BACP, National Counselling Society etc)
- Experience of working with young people, desirably in a boarding school setting.
- Receiving ongoing professional supervision as recommended by their counselling/psychotherapy professional body
This is exciting time to join the School and in return we are offering the following:
Salary of £17,500 per annum
Discounted school fees
Enhanced pension scheme
Cycle to work scheme
We are committed to the safeguarding of children. References and DBS checks will be conducted on the successful applicant.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations and Gift Cards for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)