School Counsellor Required: Harpenden, Hertfordshire
St George’s School
Hourly Paid Variable Hours Contract
We are seeking to appoint a School Counsellor on a part-time basis.
This is an hourly paid variable hours contract, which we envisage will carry a commitment of two days (14 hours in total) per week, term time only. You will be paid according to the hours claimed on your monthly timesheet.
This is initially a one year fixed term contract, with the scope to possible extend.
Salary: £30 per hour
Hours: Two days per week, 14 hours in total (7 hours per day from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm). We are flexible as to which two days however preferably not Fridays. Please specify on your application your availability and/or preference.
- To provide a professional and confidential counselling service to pupils, in order to promote emotional health and well-being and enable them to develop a resilience to help them cope with the difficulties they face.
- To work closely with the Head of House, Pastoral Support Manager, Mental Health Leads and the Pastoral Support Team in order to coordinate and implement strategies for counselling support.
We are looking for someone with:
- A Counselling qualification at diploma or equivalent recognised by the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- Successful recent working experience with children of relevant age
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice/ legislation
- High level of organisational skills, able to prioritise manage and own workload
- Possess excellent communication skills (verbal and in writing) and have the ability to work with both staff and pupils
- Build rapport with adults and children
- Work calmly and effectively under pressure and be flexible
- Use own initiative and work independently
- Critically evaluate own performance and learn from this