School Counsellor Required: Southall, London
Closing date: 01/11/2020
Villiers High School
Salary: £19,166.84 – £26,045.60 pa inclusive.
30 hours per week. Term Time Only.
Villiers High School is looking to appoint a professional, experiences, self-motivated and pro-active counsellor. The successful candidate will need to be able to deliver therapeutic counselling sessions and engage with our most vulnerable students.
Appropriate counselling experience, ideally within a school environment is essential. You will also contribute toward the school’s Mental Health Working Party, run group therapy sessions for staff and run parental workshops on how best to support their child’s mental health and wellbeing.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Be resilient, flexible and demonstrate an ability to engage with students
- Be compassionate, understanding and demonstrate the ability to connect with emotionally vulnerable pupils
- Be able to plan and organise successful events for engagement with students, staff and parents.
In return you will receive:
- The support of committed, dedicated and friendly colleagues
- A school which is reflective and striving for continual improvement.