School Counsellor Required: Wirral, Merseyside
Circa £23,400 pro rata
15hrs per week, Fixed Term until 31/08/2021, Part-Time (2 days)
Contract Type:: Fixed Term Part-Time
Our Wirral HSIS (Health Service in Schools) Counselling Service, is looking for a Counsellor to provide a high-quality, school based professional counselling service as part of our already established service. Through effective intervention, management of cases and assessment of needs you will ensure safe care and agreed positive outcomes with children aged 11-18yrs.
You will work as part of a team of 3 to deliver the provision of an early help service. You will promote and improve the mental health, emotional resilience and wellbeing of children and young people in secondary school who are negatively affected or are at risk of being affected by poor mental health. You will be able to effectively engage with children and young people to deliver counselling support – predominantly within a school setting but there may also be a requirement in a local community or home setting. The 2 days are flexible in terms of required days and this will be discussed at interview stage. This position is subject to tender funding for another 12 month period from the above date.
You will make a difference by:
-Delivering a high-quality professional counselling service through effective intervention and management of cases and assessment of need to ensure safe care and agreed positive outcomes.
– Delivering complex and specialist interventions with children and young people on a 1:1 basis or group in a school setting.
– Implement lead case/care planning management, including undertaking assessing, reviewing and managing risks.
– Attending and participating at relevant multi agency meetings, providing a lead role ensuring reflective and analytical practice review.
You will need:
– A recognised counselling qualification (e.g. diploma counselling) with relevant experience and be registered / accredited (or working towards) with BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) or equivalent.
– Experience of working within a multi-agency social care, schools, or health environment, dealing with children between 11-18yrs and applying safeguarding procedures.
– Experience of managing cases, in accordance with agreed procedures and completing assessments, planning and reviews to ensure positive outcomes.
– Driving License and access to a car is desirable