Self-Employed Counsellors Required: Hampshire & Surrey
North Hampshire and South West Surrey
Various: Upon application
We are currently looking to recruit self-employed counsellors to join our counselling team, supporting the delivery of our service in North Hampshire and South West Surrey.
Step by Step are a young persons charity. We support young people who are going through hard times, including homelessness. We provide accommodation, personal development opportunities, and specialist support services to empower young people and prevent homelessness.
No matter how Step by Step are working with young people, whether they’re moving into a Foyer or Supported Lodgings placement, meeting with a Talent Coach, or seeing one of our Counsellors, our aim is consistent; to empower young people to move forward with their lives in a positive way.
As a counsellor, you’ll hold a weekly caseload, providing short term therapy. You must hold a relevant professional qualification in counselling or psychotherapy at diploma level or above.
You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and we also wish to obtain references.
Some (but not all) of the key responsibilities that will be included in this role are:
- Provide time-limited and clinically appropriate counselling sessions for young people aged 11-25 (Minimum 4 hours/week)
- To attend and actively participate in regular clinical supervision
- To work co-operatively and under the management of the Counselling Lead and Step by Step Staff to ensure highest quality of delivery and support
- To work flexibly in agreement with the counselling team including working from various location and evening times
- To complete relevant reports, records of service provision and other documentation associated with the counselling service
- To work within the BACP ethical framework and be aware of and ensuring compliance with legal requirements, internal policies, safeguarding and data protection regulations.