Senior Counsellor Required: Suffolk
Closing Date: 28th March 2021
Ipswich & Bury St Edmunds
Job Title: Senior Counsellor
Reporting to: Director
Responsible for: Sessional counsellors
Based: Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds
(flexible and part-time home-working will be considered)
Hours: 24 hours/week
Salary: £30,000 pro rata
The senior Counsellor will work with the SRC management team to develop, support and expand SRC’s counselling support, in order to deliver a high–quality service that meets the needs of women survivors in Suffolk. She will provide line management support to the team of Sessional counsellors, manage a caseload of 3-5 clients (online and face-to-face) and undertake initial assessments of women who enter the service.
Main Responsibilities of the Senior Counsellor
– To support and oversee the day to day running of the counselling service within SRC.
– Deliver specialist, consistent and high-quality clinical work to maintain a caseload of counselling clients.
– To ensure timely and effective counselling assessment and allocation of all new or returning women into the service.
– Contribute to the service in terms of expertise, knowledge and experience of working with survivors of rape and sexual abuse and ensuring the quality of counselling service delivery is upheld.
– Work with the management team to develop the counselling service based on evidenced need.
Please see the person specification to the right for full information about the role.
Please note, flexible working and job sharing will be considered.