SESSIONAL ADULT COUNSELLOR REQUIRED: GLAMORGAN, WALES
Closing Date: 2nd November 2020 at 9.00 am
Thrive Women’s Aid
£45 per hour inclusive of VAT
With the support of the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and South Wales Police and Crime Commissioner we are seeking to contract qualified and experienced counsellors in order to expand our sessional counselling services for victims of domestic abuse.
In order to be successful you will require a good understanding of trauma and the impact of domestic abuse and coercive control on mental health. Implementing high quality practice will be essential, as well operating within a confidential and ethical framework.
- Must hold at least Diploma level qualification in counselling
- Registered member of BACP or equivalent
- Experience of working therapeutically with people who have experienced trauma
- Knowledge of domestic abuse and coercive control and its effects on victims
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Adults procedures.
- Understanding of Mental Health issues
- Ability to manage own caseload ethically and work autonomously
- Understanding of GDPR and an ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written
- An ability to demonstrate a non-judgemental attitude
- Previous monitoring and data collection experience