Sessional Counsellor Required: London
Recruiter: Catch 22
Salary: Hourly rate £15 per hour.
Contract: Sessional employment
Main Duties & Accountabilities:
· To provide structured counselling services on behalf of Catch 22 in accordance with professional ethics, national standards and guidelines and within the remit of the service contract.
· To ensure all aspect of service delivery conforms to the policies and procedures of Catch 22 and the service contract.
· To maintain a high level of standards at all times.
· To attend appropriate training as required at all times.
· To support the Service in the review and development of treatment services across a range of community settings and schools.
· To promote Catch 22 services in schools and in the community and assist in the production and distribution of information, advice and publicity materials.
· To ensure that all client records are correctly maintained and stored
· To record client details on Database, within one week of seeing client and keeping records updated.
· To maintain and submit monthly statistical data of client information to the Service in the required formats and within the required timescales.
· To ensure that Catch 22’s Equal Opportunity’s policy is implemented in all aspects of service delivery.
· To keep abreast of local and national development which are pertinent to the treatment service.
· To carry out instructions relating to role of counsellor, as directed by the Service Manager/Senior Therapist.
· Attend monthly line management one to one supervision with the Service Manager.
· Attend monthly group supervision and monthly one to one supervision with the Senior Therapist.
· To make sure that you read, are familiar with, and follow all Catch 22 policies and procedures. You are expected to look at Catch 22’s Facebook/Yammer at least once a week to update yourself with any new or amended policies or procedures
· To develop and sustain positive working relationships with all internal directorates, to ensure positive information and communication channels relevant to the smooth running of existing services and support the development of new business and/or current business growth.
· To act as an ambassador for Catch 22, upholding and promoting our corporate values
· To undertake any other duties which can be reasonably expected of you within the level of your job
What does good look like for this role?
· Service is delivered in line with contract requirements and all targets are met.
· Service is delivered safely and risks/areas of underperformance are identified and managed appropriately.
· YPH outcomes are achieved.
· Service users have a positive experience and achieve their goals.
Catch22 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice will be followed and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.
. Counselling/psychotherapy qualification
. Training and/or experience in CBT
. Training and/or experience of working in a brief intervention therapeutic model.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
. Knowledge and experience of issues facing young people, particularly in relation to potential family/placement breakdown.
. Experience of working eclectically to meet the individual needs of the young person.
. A minimum of two years working with young people within community settings.
. Good understanding of the effects and harms of substances on young people.
. Experience of multi agency working
. Knowledge and experience of monitoring and evaluation of work undertaken
. Familiarity with the work of statutory and voluntary agencies involved with young people in the community
. Experience of working with young people using substances.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
. An understanding and commitment to equality of opportunity in service delivery, policy, and practice.
. Ability to work as part of a team.
. Ability to actively engage with young people and their families.
. Ability to communicate effectively.
· Excellent engagement skills, able to motivate and enthuse
· Ability to develop and implement qualitative and quantitative monitoring and evaluation
· Good organisational skills (for self and others).
· To be able to use a range of intervention and engagement styles as appropriate
· Work effectively in a team.
· Manage conflicting demands.
· To be able to adopt a flexible approach to all aspects of work.
· Problem solving and a “can do” attitude.
· Good ICT skills.
· High attention to detail
WhereToTalk: UK Counselling Jobs /Psychotherapy Jobs, Placements, Counselling Consultation, Gift Cards for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)