Sessional Counsellor Required: Powys, Wales
Closing Date: 17th May 2021
|Grade/ Salary||£40 per session|
|Location:||Llandrindod Wells, Welshpool, Newtown (as required)|
Kaleidoscope is a pioneering substance misuse treatment provider, offering evidence based treatment and holistic support to individuals who access its services.
We are a forward looking organisation, passionate about developing services and listening to service users’ needs, which is at the heart of what we do. Our achievements include initiating the first needle syringe exchange, on site methadone dispensing and setting social enterprises. Kaleidoscope understands that, through listening to people, we will continue to be both an innovative service provider and one that campaigns for the interests of those seeking help.
At Kaleidoscope we support people with Drug, Alcohol and Mental health issues so they can have a brighter future in their communities.
- To provide counselling and support in relation to addictions and other identified issues
- To contribute to assessments of clients within agreed timescales.
- To deliver a structured therapeutic support programme through one to one interventions.
- To maintain records of the client attendance
- To utilise recording and statistical systems to collect and collate data and to ensure that all administration, case recording, written reports etc. are maintained to the required standards.
- To ensure professional and ethical practice is adhered to.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma/Degree in Psychotherapy/Counselling and BACP/UKCP or similar registration
- Experience of direct psychotherapy/counselling work with clients with addictions
- To be flexible and adaptable, willing to respond quickly to organisational requests and client’s therapeutic needs in a changeable environment
- Experience of working with addiction clients
- Experience of delivering psychological interventions using other therapeutic theoretical evidence-based approaches, in particularly CBT