Sessional Counsellor Required: Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Recruiter: Lewis Psychology CIC
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- to provide face to face counselling to adults
- to liaise with management as appropriate
- to have the capacity to work autonomously and within the BACP ethical framework
- to work within the overall framework of Lewis Psychology policies and procedures
- to write case notes in line with Lewis Psychology procedures
The successful applicant will have excellent clinical, written and verbal communication skills combined with experience of working in a role which requires a high attention to detail and the requirement to follow laid down procedures. The ability to manage your time effectively and IT literacy are also essential.
This job description is intended to be a guide to the main duties and responsibilities of the counsellor / counselling psychologist job post and will be reviewed and revised from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERTISE REQUIRED
- Masters Degree in counselling or psychotherapy
- Counselling experience with adults from age 18+ within a professional context
- At lease 3 years experience counselling adults
- Member of a recognised professional body (BACP, UKCP, BPS, BABCP)
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH US
- Generous holiday allowance
- Additional leave to attend CPD training and conferences
- Friendly working environment
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
Part-time. The exact hours will be mutaully agreed.
- Lewis Psychology, Deansgate, 62-70 Tettenhall Road, Wolverhampton, WV1 4TH
DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK
This counsellor / counselling psychologist job post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
We will train and support you in our processes and provide feedback. If you have genuine capacity for additional work we would love to hear from you.
For further information regarding this Wolverhampton counsellor / counselling psychologist job vancancy please contact Teresa Lewis, Clinical Director on 01902 827808 or email email@example.com