Staff Counsellor Required: London Fire Brigade
Closing Date: 19th March 2021
Salary: £39,083 per annum
Grade: FRS E
Salary range: £39,083 – £46,684 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Application closing date: Friday 19 March 2021 at 16:00 GMT
Two opportunities have arisen within our Counselling and Trauma Service for full-time permanent Staff Counsellors.
Are you a counsellor or psychologist qualified to Diploma level with current BACP accreditation or equivalent?
Do you have extensive proven post-qualifying experience and possess the expertise, skills and enthusiasm to join a well-established team?
We provide a comprehensive counselling service covering all aspects of work-related, health and personal issues to the staff of a large emergency service.
You will have the skills to develop an effective counselling relationship with a wide range of staff from a variety of cultural backgrounds and possess an understanding of the role of a staff counsellor in an organisational setting.
Specialist skills in using CBT plus experience of working with trauma related issues using NICE recommended modalities would be an advantage.
To apply, please complete the online application and upload the following documents:
• A copy of your up-to-date CV.
• A cover letter (max. of two sided A4) clearly outlining the relevant experience, qualifications (please include proof of having a minimum Diploma in Counselling or equivalent and currently BACP Accredited or equivalent), skills and qualities you have to successfully perform this role (see the job description below).
If you are unable to see the job description please visit our jobs pages at https://jobs.london-fire.gov.uk/alljobs/ to access it and to read the full advert.
Further information about the main duties and responsibilities of the role are detailed in the job description.
Information on the services we provide is detailed in the booklet attached below.
Benefits of working for LFB
• 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
• Option Absence Scheme
• Flexible working including job share
• Welfare Scheme
• Use of Brigade Medical Adviser/physios
• Season ticket loans
• Equality Support Groups
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme