Trainee IAPT Interpersonal Therapist (IPT) Required: Nottinghamshire
- Salary: £31,365 – £37,890 per annum (pro rata for part time)
- Band 6
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- Westminster House
An opportunity has arisen for a BACP accredited counsellor to join us as a Trainee Interpersonal Therapist (IPT) for Let’s Talk Wellbeing Nottinghamshire.
The post would include attending a seven-day didactic IAPT approved IPT Level A Introduction Course, and post-course supervision for progression to Level B IPT UK Accredited IPT practitioner status provided by IPT West Midlands Training Centre, Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
Following successful completion of the course and gaining IPT UK accreditation full time employment as a Band 6 Qualified IPT Therapist delivering IPT within Let Talk Wellbeing Service would be offered.
Funding for this post has been provided by Health Education England as part of the expansion of the IAPT workforce, therefore training post can ONLY be offered to those currently working outside IAPT.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Accept referrals via agreed protocols within the service.
- Assess clients for suitability for treatment within the IAPT service.
- Make decisions on suitability of new referrals, adhering to the department’s referral protocols, and refer unsuitable clients on to the relevant service or back to the referral agent as necessary, with due to regard for assessment and management of risk.
- Make professional judgements to ensure the delivery of appropriate counselling and IPT interventions to meet the client’s needs.
- Provide an easily accessible, confidential and ethical assessment and counselling/IPT service.
- Practice clinically effective counselling within a brief framework and therefore to effectively manage the emotional, intellectual and administrative demands of a high client turnover resulting from a ‘short term’ counselling service.
- Ensure risks identified around adult and child safeguarding are reported as per policy.
- Educate and involve family members and others in treatment as necessary, conveying counselling/IPT and other psychological formulations with sensitivity in easily understood language.
- Adhere to an agreed activity contract relating to the number of client’s contacts offered, and clinical sessions carried out per week in order to minimise waiting times and ensure treatment delivery remains accessible and convenient.
- Ensure that client confidentiality is protected at all times
- Complete all requirements relating to data collection within the service including the use of routine outcome measures.
- Keep coherent records of all clinical activity in line with service protocols.
- Work closely with other members of the team ensuring appropriate step-up and step-down arrangements are in place to maintain a stepped care approach.
- Assess and integrate issues surrounding work and employment into the overall therapy process.
- Four IPT cases must be completed under supervision with a Level D qualified IPT supervisor, and casework must reflect at least two different focus areas.
- IPT Trainees must attend weekly IPT supervision provided by training course for their 4 IPT cases and monthly clinical and case management provided by service for their counselling practice.
- Core Profession
- BACP Accreditation or equivalent
- Counselling qualification at Diploma, Advanced diploma or equivalent level.
- Substantial post qualification experience in conducting psychological therapy
- Supervisory experience and/or training.Time limited, brief counselling in Primary Care, an IAPT service or similar Counselling for Depression qualification.
- Demonstrates experience of working in IAPT Service
- Counselling experience of adults, in line with the hours required for BACP accreditation or equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge of a range of counselling procedures including experience of time limited brief counselling in the NHS, Social Services or other large organisations.
- Relevant experience in Primary Care treating depression and anxiety
- Experience of working in primary care service
- Experience of working within a target driven service
- Demonstrates an understanding of the need to use evidencebased psychological therapies and how it relates to this post.
- Demonstrates a knowledge of the issues surrounding work and the impact it can have on mental health / benefits and employment systems
- Knowledge of medication used in anxiety and depression and other common mental health problems
- Organisational skills in managing own caseload in line with the service guidelines.
- I.T Skills
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations and Gift Cards for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)