Wellbeing Counsellor Required: Bournemouth, Dorset
|Salary: £18,674 per year|
|Job type: Full Time, Permanent|
|Apply by: 26 November 2023|
Talbot Heath School is looking for a Wellbeing Counsellor to join our existing student well-being support provision. The role will work closely with the School’s senior leaders responsible for student well-being support, student welfare, attendance, attitude to learning and enjoyment of school.
Much of the work is self-generating, and the post holder will be expected to operate within established procedures and guidelines and to prioritise day-to-day work, referring only exceptional or complex queries to senior members of staff. Counselling, ELSA and mental health training will be provided.
This is an exciting new opportunity at Talbot Heath where you will join our school community and contribute to our existing student well-being provision to ensure we provide high quality support to our pupils.
What we offer:
● Talbot Heath is an independent girls’ school for ages 3-18 set in pleasant grounds in Bournemouth, with an outstanding academic record. As an employee you will enjoy the benefits of working in a peaceful woodland setting, yet only a short distance from the busy town centre with free on-site parking.
● Complimentary lunch served daily in our staff dining room with a freshly cooked daily hot meal and salad bar.
● Discounted membership to the nearby West Hants Club, providing access to superb facilities and easily accessible at lunchtime.
● Complimentary use of our on-site swimming pool for our staff Sunday session.
● Complimentary use of the on-site gym facilities.
● Discount on school fees, for your own children, subject to the school admission process and fee remission policy.
● Supercamps Holiday clubs offer 50% discount to Talbot Heath Staff.
● Enhanced annual holiday allowance.
● Occupational sick pay scheme.
● Company stakeholder pension scheme.
This is a permanent, term time only role plus one week during school closures, working 8.30 am to 4.30 pm daily with half an hour for lunch. The salary for this role is £18,674 (£23,010 FTE).