Wellbeing Counsellor Required: Brighton & Hove, East Sussex
YMCA DownsLink Group – Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) Specialist
Location: Brighton & Hove, East Sussex (hybrid working – on site and from home)
Salary: £29,525 per annum, pro rata
Hours: 37 per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term contract until 31 December 2022
Closing date: 28th February 2022
YMCA DownsLink Group are recruiting a Wellbeing Counsellor – Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC) Specialist to provide face-to-face appointments, triage and assessments, counselling treatment and group work support for young people aged 4-12 years. The role is integrated within the Children and Young People Wellbeing Service and the post holder will be required to work with the Counselling Leads, Team Manager, and triage team to support children/young people accessing provision within the emotional well-being and mental health pathways.
Who You Are
You will have a Graduate or Post Graduate level Counselling Diploma of 2 years minimum duration including personal counselling or psychotherapy, and BACP Accreditation/eligibility for accreditation or BACP Registration, or be accredited with other relevant professional bodies (UKCP/HCP). You will have experience in individual counselling with children & young people (aged 4 – 12); with further experience, knowledge and skills of working with children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Condition or Learning Difficulties. In addition, you will have safeguarding knowledge and commitment to Trauma-Informed practice.
Expected working pattern; Monday to Friday with one evening until 7pm/8pm
- 27 days’ annual leave per annum pro rata , plus bank holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Employer contribution pension
- Life Assurance policy (2x your annual salary)
- Health & Wellbeing cash plan
- Exclusive discounts on a broad range of brands
- Employee Assistance programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- As an organisation, we are committed to the continued professional development of all colleagues, providing an extensive programme of formal learning opportunities and supported by an organisational wide culture of learning.
- Focus on well-being and flexible working patterns as far as your role permits
- As part of our commitment to being a Trauma-Informed Organisation, all frontline staff have access to regular group Reflective Practice Supervision and for therapeutic roles, we offer clinical supervision.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)