Youth Counsellor (SEMH) Required: Islington, London
SEMH (Social Emotional & Mental Health)
- TYS SEMH Youth Counsellor
- Local Government (NJC): S02
- Fixed term: 1 year
- Part time – 20 hours per week (Wednesday, Thursday, Fridays and some evening work)
- Isledon Road
- £34,689 – £35,949 pro rata p.a.
- 30/01/2022 23:59
Islington is looking for a dynamic and experienced Youth Counsellor to join a new and exciting team – the Youth Counselling & Substance Misuse & Alcohol Service (YCSMAS). To apply, you will need to have the following experience:
- To be a qualified counsellor with at least 1 year of post qualification counselling experience and 3yrs experience working with young people in general.
- To be experienced in and passionate about working with young people aged 10yrs – 18yrs (with a minimum of three years’ experience working with young people within this age group and in any capacity).
- To be able to work in an integrative way and to be familiar with working with complex bereavement, trauma focussed interventions, person centred, psychodynamic, CBT and solution focussed theoretical approaches.
- To have a creative and flexible approach to working with a variety of issues and complexity and with young people from varied and often vulnerable backgrounds.
- To have experience in working closely with partner agencies (CSC, Police, YOS, Youth Hubs, Schools, substance misuse agencies, Bright Start, CAMHS, etc.) and in advocating for young people and sign posting to other services when needed.
- To have experience and training in safeguarding young people.
- To have experience in working with trauma, gang related issues, sexual abuse and sexual trauma, self-harm, suicidal ideation, DVA, bereavement and CSE.
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills.
Closing date: Sunday 30th January 2022 at 23:59.
Proposed Interview date: 11th February 2022.
WhereToTalk provides UK Counselling Job Opportunities /Psychotherapy Job Opportunities, Text Therapy, Trainee/Student Placements, The Counselling Online Guide, Counselling Consultations, Gift Cards and Therapy Room Décor for:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE / TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE/NOTTS – EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)