Kooth/CAMHS Practitioner Required: West Yorkshire
- The purpose of the job is to reduce CAMHS waiting list.
- To assess and screen children and young people’s mental health need.
- To deliver 1:1 support and coping strategies for CYP as well as delivering group work sessions to CYP and parents.
- To act as a resource by being fully aware of existing provision for Children and Young People and establish good working relationships with those services.
- To participate in line management supervision and external clinical supervision and attend Kooth team meetings, and where required Primary Intervention Team meetings to establish an embedded working relationship.
- To promote safeguarding and the welfare of children and young people.
- To work within CAMHS PIT Team, between the hours of 09:00 to 17:00 and evenings as agreed with CAMHS
- Experience of working in a Mental Health provision or as a Mental Health Nurse
- Experience of delivering individual and group intervention to Children and Young People and Families
- Experience and working knowledge of delivering brief intervention.
- Knowledge of offering and identifying a range of coping strategies that children and young people can use
- Working knowledge of CAMHS offer at targeting and specialist level.
- Experience of working with a range of presenting and complex issues with Children and Young People
In return we offer a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of innovative mental health services within a highly supportive and highly experienced peer group, where you will have the opportunity to transform services.
This is an initial temporary contract with a view extension on a conditional basis.
Along with a competitive salary starting at £28,050 with 36 days annual leave entitlement (includes bank holidays) and a company health care plan.