Kooth Senior Practitioner Required: Manchester
Closing Date: Thursday 1st August @ 4pm
Interview Date: Friday 9th August in Manchester or via google hangouts
Starting Date: Monday 2nd September
Our Senior Practitioners facilitate the operational management of the online service and be part of the team who lead the delivery of counselling and early intervention in mental health and emotional support for children and young people.
We are looking for an experienced manager to join our online team.
Reporting to the Online Service Manager, you be responsible for the performance, staff line management and first line safeguarding escalation within our online service for children and young people.
This is a really exciting role for somebody who knows how to get the best out of their team, developing others, seeing performance continually improved alongside maintaining a close connection to front line CYP services.
- To provide line management for practitioners working online to ensure performance is maintained and continuously improved
- Responsible for the delivery against operational KPI’s
- Referring practitioners to clinical support and supervision where performance is related to clinical concerns.
- To proactively liaise with the online service manager around any issues which may arise
- To support the implementation of organisational process, change and improvements
- To assist in the delivery of the online service on a daily basis by dealing quickly and efficiently with any issues that arise
- To participate in the continuous development of an accessible and appropriate online service by contributing to and rolling out new projects and ideas – taking account of the changing needs of both young people and the changing IT environment.
- To be part of a team responding to safeguarding issues and ensure compliance with legal requirements and internal/external policies, working with the Online Manager and Clinical team to regularly review XenZone’s Safeguarding policy and procedures
- To ensure process and systems are followed for assessment of young people referred to the Kooth service, enabling the delivery team to determine suitability and clinical appropriateness for structured counselling
- To support the identification and filtering of clinical and safeguarding concerns as presented within the online environment in liaison with the clinical team
- To support the team who are working online with young people experiencing complex mental health difficulties in particular risk taking behaviours
- To undertake any requests made by the XenZone Management Team that are relevant to the post of Senior Practitioner.
The main responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of duties, only a general guide to the post. In consultation with the post-holder, the duties may change from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the service
- A relevant professional qualification at Diploma level or above or the equivalent OR evidenced experience in the field of mental health and wellbeing services team management
- A minimum of 3 years experience of working with children and young people in face-to-face setting[s].
- Experience as a manager at team or area level
- Experience of working with or managing practitioners who deal with young people who experience complex mental health difficulties including suicidal feelings and engaging in risk-taking behaviours
- An understanding of initial and on-going assessment of the mental health needs of young people taking into account their developmental needs.
- Experience of liaising with and referring to other agencies both statutory and voluntary especially with regards to Safeguarding procedures.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- The social awareness of the inequalities that affect young people and how this can impact upon their mental health together with having an understanding of the developmental stages of psychological growth in adolescents and young people.
- Issues around attachment, attunement, abuse, boundaries, and other issues that impact on vulnerable children and young people
- Anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and valuing diversity
- Managing high performing teams and services
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrate competency and confidence in the use of IT/computer, including word processing, keyboard, navigation of the web, internet and intranet use, gsuite and email etc.
- Work in a way that positively engages with issues of diversity and difference.
- Retain, motivate and develop staff
- Thrive in a period of development whilst encouraging people, process and strategic change.
- Communicate, understand and be understood by different groups and individuals in different settings and various situations.
- To actively maintain links within XenZone as appropriate to the role and actively participate at the occasional external meeting
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate commitment to:
- A personal and professional commitment to the personal development of young people.
- To be able to plan, organise and prioritise your own workload, and manage your time effectively.
- To demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities and anti-oppressive / anti-discriminatory practice.
- To be up to date with current debates within the world of Children, Young People and Mental Health & Well Being.
- To engage in continued professional development through undertaking training and partaking in other learning opportunities in line with professional organisational/membership guidelines
- Engage in line management and clinical supervision and recognise the importance of each.
In return we offer a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of innovative counselling services within a highly supportive and highly experienced peer group, where you will have the opportunity to transform mental health services.
Alongside a competitive salary starting at £29k we offer a generous annual leave package of 36 days and great benefits including pension, healthcare cash plan, wellness days and more. In addition you will benefit from a proactive commitment to continued learning through extensive training and development programs.
The Kooth online team are remote based and this position will be largely home based with occasional travel to our offices in London and Manchester. It is for 35 hours a week worked on a rota basis including some evenings and weekend work in line with the needs of our service.