ONLINE COUNSELLING AND ONLINE THERAPY TRAINING
Training to be an online counsellor and online therapist has become popular since the increase in popularity around online therapy with the public.
For the generations who grew up in a digital world and talking to family and friends online, online counselling and online therapy is the norm, and the public generally now recognise its’ convenience.
Practitioners also acknowledge how useful it is and many practice online full-time or use it to see more clients and supplement their income.
However, for many face-to-face counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists and those trained pre-internet days and/or spent their professional life within the NHS, meeting clients online is a relatively new concept.
For some practitioners, it’s like entering a whole new world
So the first thing to know is that:
There are no UK regulations stipulating that any training / certificate etc. is necessary for online practice.
However, whether you train or not, it’s wise to understand the practical and most importantly the ethical and legal issues related to online practice.
This is why I would suggest that any counselling online training or even just by researching and learning about these features below will cover what you need to know and give you the confidence to start your online practice:
- The basics of online practice that will form the foundation of your online practice
- Secure types of online communication that keep you and your clients safe
- Extra forms and consent sections needed for online practice due to remote meetings with clients
- Marketing your online practice which is essential for success
- Preferred profile directories & platforms for counsellors and therapists working online
- Online visual resources and materials that will help not only you but also your clients
- Before meeting a video call client, there are things we can do to insure a better online connection
- International regulations & legal issues that keep us safe when meeting clients abroad
For any more information and support drop me a line
Now you can train to be an Online Counsellor / Online Therapist from whichever UK town and county you live in!
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE/TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE / EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)