Online (Home-Based) Counsellor Required for Children & Young People
Recruiter: Xenzone for Kooth
Salary: £25,000 (pro-rata). Supervision costs are partially covered in addition to the pro- rata salary.
Hours: Flexible with contracts ranging from 26 to 32 hours per week comprising of 4 or 6 hour shifts per day – which are spread across evenings and weekends.
Benefits: This is a permanent contract that offers a competitive salary, we offer a generous annual leave entitlement of 36 days and great benefits including pension, healthcare cash plan and more.
In this role you will work from home with the majority of your hours performed in the evenings and some weekends. You will be provided with the necessary equipment and a full training programme to get you started, alongside a full professional development programme throughout the year.
Candidates are encouraged to apply from the UK wide to support our growing nationwide service.
Closing Date – 30th June 2019
Role responsibilities (including but not limited to)
1. To work as part of an experienced national team offering counselling, support and advice to children and young people, assessment and referral, managing own caseloads, offering online counselling and early intervention emotional support, and providing longer term psychotherapy for those with more complex mental health difficulties when appropriate
4. To liaise, signpost and refer to agencies and individuals who may be in contact with the young person. For example; CAMHs, schools, social services, health authorities, 3rd sector organisations, GPs, youth and community services, and parents/adoptive parents/foster parents/carers.
5. To work with other counsellors/psychotherapists to continue to deliver and develop an accessible and appropriate online service given the changing needs of both young people and the changing IT environment.
6. To be aware of and ensure compliance with legal requirements and internal policies with particular reference to Safeguarding.
7. To undertake any requests made by the Xenzone Management Team that are relevant to the post of counsellor/psychotherapist, including participation in line management and clinical supervision.
- Relevant professional qualification and accreditation-eligibility in counselling or psychotherapy at diploma level or above, or equivalent
- To maintain relevant professional registration and/or accreditation (or be in a position to achieve accredited status) with BACP, UKCP, NCS, or HCPC (Accreditation with BACP, UKCP Registered Membership, NCS Professional Accredited Registrant, HCPC Full Registration)
- Have completed at least 450 counselling hours & 3 years F2F experience working with CYP
- Experience of assessment, referral and providing effective short term and long term counselling/psychotherapy
- Experience working with children and young people facing mental health difficulties
- Experience of liaising with and referring to other agencies both statutory and voluntary especially with regards to Safeguarding procedures
- Commitment to improving the mental health and emotional well-being of children and young people, an understanding of the developmental stages and needs of adolescents, and knowledge of current issues in mental health
- The above position is subject to a successful Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as part of recruitment procedures