Online Lead Bereavement Counsellor Required: Home-Based
Sue Ryder Charity – Bereavement Support
Lead Bereavement Counsellor
London / Home Based
Job Sector: Management & Executive,Health & Social Care,Marketing & Communications
If so, join us in this exciting role as Home Based Lead Bereavement Counsellor, overseeing our team of Online Counsellors and supporting the development of our Online Bereavement Counselling Service.
Our Online Bereavement Counselling Service launched in May 2018 offering short-term counselling via video chat to members of our Online Community.
We are now developing and expanding this service and the Lead Bereavement Counsellor will play a key part in this process.
The Lead Bereavement Counsellor will lead our team of Online Counsellors with responsibility for ensuring that the Online Bereavement Counselling Service is confidential and safe in accordance with National and Sue Ryder’s organisational governance frameworks.
The successful Lead Bereavement Counsellor will have proven ability in:
• Providing support to beneficiaries and staff in an online environment.
• Experience of working within an environment where maintaining client confidentiality is key.
• Understanding of confidentiality and data issues prevalent in providing an online counselling service.
• Experience of managing a team/line management.
• To be highly empathic in clinical work and with team members.
• To have a supportive approach to team members and other members of staff.
• Ability to create and maintain productive therapeutic relationships with clients.
• Experience in bereavement counselling and up to date with current research and practice.
• Knowledge of the theoretical models that are used to understand bereavement and loss.
• Competent in managing online risk and safeguarding issues.
• Experience and knowledge (evidenced) of working in a health or social care service.
• Clinically competent to work therapeutically in an online environment with clients with complex presentations.
• A can-do approach. Must possess a positive attitude
• Outstanding people and communication skills – both written and verbal
• Experience of and training in working with online clients (either through email, live chat, or video chat) essential.
• Knowledge of networking with external organisations and internal stakeholders.
You will be responsible for ensuring that this service is safe and confidential so experience in quality and governance is essential.
This is a Home Based National service and occasional travel may be required.
*Competitive Benefits Package* – Flexible working, 25 days holiday rising to 30 plus bank holidays, buy and sell holiday scheme, private pension, staff discount with thousands of retailers, enhanced maternity pay, 15% off New Goods and lots more.