Part Time Therapist Required: City of Westminster, London
Job reference: REQ001007
Date posted: 14/06/2019
Application closing date: 07/07/2019
Hours: 24 hours
Package: 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
Job category/type: Part Time, Permanent
Recruiting a Therapist to join our Mental Health service in Westminster!
GBP 19,200 per annum plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension schemes, Staff discounts, healthcare and more.
This role is working 24 hours per week.
The Therapist will work with young people/individual in order to improve engagement with support services as well as providing in depth sessions with young people with the desired outcome of the young person having a clearer insight into their own emotional wellbeing.
The post holder will have a creative approach to engaging young people including group and individual therapy and will tailor their interactions to each young person (this could involve using any approach which might be easier for the young person to engage with: self expression, mindfulness, art, creative writing etc.)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
– Degree level qualification in counselling or psychotherapy
– Minimum of 2 years experience in working with young people or other specialist social care services
– Demonstrable experience of support work with people with support needs.
– Experience of providing individual therapy and an understanding of risk management.
– Demonstrable experience of engaging young people with complex needs / challenging behaviour