School Counsellor Required: London
Recruiter: The Complete Works School
This role will work closely with the education and safeguarding team to ensure that TCW students are safe, protected and happy.
They will provide high-quality counselling service to TCW students to support them with their emotional wellbeing.
As well as working with students on an individual and/or group basis, the School Counsellor will also provide supervision to all staff.
The School Counsellor will contribute and assist with TCW’s PSHE curriculum across the school and contribute when renewing and updating the school’s welfare policies.
This role will attend meetings relating to the safety and welfare of all students and take the role of the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead. This role will receive external supervision.
The successful candidate will need to show:
- A non-judgemental outlook and a willingness to work with all kinds of people
- Excellent observation and listening skills
- Patience, tolerance and sensitivity
- An understanding of your own attitudes and responses
- An appreciation of confidentiality issues
- an understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people
This role is based in Aldgate East but will operate across London and comes with a generous amount of out of term time leave.TCW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
Closing date: 17th July 2019
Interviews: Same week or the following week
Start date: 27th August 2019
Salary: From £25,000 per annum