School Counsellor Required: Manchester
STRETFORD HIGH SCHOOL
Required for an immediate start
Band 5 (£24799 to £26,317) pro-rata
36.25 hours per week, term time plus 2 weeks (i.e. 40 weeks; 1 week to attend Summer School)
(actual salary £21,758)
We are looking to appoint a School Counsellor to ensure that every child succeeds, and is happy and safe.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Head of Learner Welfare and be responsible for the planning and delivery of direct therapeutic interventions with individual children, groups of children and families.
We are looking for candidates who:
· have a counselling or psychotherapy qualification
· have a minimum of two years post qualification experience
· have an understanding of the development, emotional, social and educational issues of children and young people
· have knowledge of the Children’s Act and legislation pertaining to children
· have high quality people skills to deal with difficult situations
· have the ability to work sensitively with others to build effective relationships
· can work flexibly to support the welfare team and students within the Hub
If you are someone who is skilled, committed and passionate about working therapeutically with children and families, this School Counsellor role is for you.
Candidates must be available to work on a full time basis (36.25 hours per week). Monday to Friday, 8.15 am to 4.00 pm – term time only plus 2 weeks.