School Counsellor Required: Devizes, Wiltshire
Closing date: Thursday, 9 May 2019
Location: Dauntsey’s School
Applications are invited from well-qualified candidates who have experience of working with young people.
This post is for 22 hours over a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during term time.
Requirements for the post:
The successful candidate will:
- have undergone sound training to at least Diploma level and be willing to undergo further professional development.
- have experience of working with children/young people and, preferably, relevant training qualification.
- have appropriate professional indemnity insurance and must be a member of a professional body.
- display good therapeutic skills with a manner that encourages safe and trusting relationships with children and staff.
- be required to provide references to show that they work within a clear code of ethics and practice and are suitable for the post; appropriate police checks must be passed.
- be required to work for 22 hours over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during term-time; a degree of flexibility in terms of hours and days might be necessary since the role will involve dealing with both day and boarding pupils.