Self Employed Counsellor Required (Dyfed-Powys Police): Wales
Area covered – POWYS:- BRECON, CRICKHOWELL, MERTHYR, NEWTOWN, WELSHPOOL, LLANDRINDOD WELLS, BUILTH WELLS
Dyfed Powys Police Occupational Health Department operates a 6 session solution focused model paid at £40 per hour
Responsible to – Occupational Health Manager / Occupational Health Mental Health Advisor Force Counsellor
Skills required to perform the role –
• Must hold a level 5 qualification in counselling, be a member of BACP or a similar recognised body, and be registered by PSA abiding by BACP ethical guidelines
• Must be eligible for accreditation, accredited by BACP or similar body, or have a minimum of 450 client hours
• Must be able to work in a brief solution focused way, 6 session model
• Must have a proven understanding of trauma management and treatment
• Must be confident in providing counselling support to clients, recognising in a timely manner when external resources or specialist onward referrals are appropriate
• Must be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of complex work place issues or have experience of counselling in a workplace setting
• The ability to speak Welsh to level 1 is an advantage • Must be able to share relevant information with the multi-disciplinary team when relevant
• Must have appropriate insurance.
• Must be able to write legible and relevant clinical reports on clients, when required.
• Must be prepared to travel in own time to DPP HQ for training / CPD days, usually 1-2 per annum; travelling expenses will be paid.