Sessional Therapists Required for iCAP in London & Birmingham
- £31 per hour for sessional therapists
- Weekly group supervision at icap with an experienced supervisor
- Free attendance at 4 in-house CPD events per year
- The opportunity to work within an experienced and friendly team
- Administrative support
icap is seeking sessional therapists to work at our clinical centres in Finsbury Park, London and Digbeth, Birmingham and within our innovative programme of outreach therapy services.
icap provides counselling and psychotherapy for the Irish community and other vulnerable groups. We have clinical centres in London and Birmingham. In 2017-18, we provided 7,750 hours of therapy. 54% of clients using our service are Irish born and a further 33% are of Irish heritage. Nearly 75% of our client group have experienced childhood trauma and we have specialist expertise in working with adult survivors of institutional childhood abuse.
Our outreach services
Our outreach programme aims to reach more Irish people in need of our services. We are proud that these services enable us to reach people who would not otherwise be able to access talking therapies. We already provide counselling services at Ashford Place Day Centre, Lewisham Irish Community Centre (London) and at Birmingham Irish Association and Lisieux Trust (Birmingham). Our Hearth service delivers home therapy for older frail and infirm Irish people and is delivered in partnership with the Irish Chaplaincy. We are also currently setting up group interventions for Traveller women and women survivors of institutional abuse as well as a psychosocial support group for Irish men. In response to identified need within the community, we also plan a time- limited therapy service for people affected by dementia.
We would love to hear from therapists who have;
- Completed full psychodynamic, psychoanalytic or integrative training recognised by BACP, UKCP or BPC.
- Registration and accreditation with BACP, UKCP or BPC
- Three years post qualification experience
- Experience in providing psychotherapy to survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
- Experience in working with trauma
- Experience of working of working with immigrant groups including the Irish community
- Experience of providing both open ended and time limited therapy