Substance Misuse Practitioner Required: Hampshire
Recruiter: Catch 22
- Civic Way, Fareham PO16, UK
- Service type: Substance misuse
- Pay scale: Zone 3 Grade F
- Department: Young People & Families
- Pay zone: Zone 3 – Rest of England (excluding NE)
- Contractual type: Full time – permanent
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Substance Misuse Practitioner, experienced in working with young people. You will be working with young people up to age 24, young carers and the children of substance misusing parents.
You will join a friendly team, co-located with the local adult Substance Misuse service. We aim to deliver an integrated offer of support, using a variety of therapeutic interventions.
There is regular training on offer and clinical supervision.
To be successful in this role you will need experience of working in the area of substance misuse and young people and be keen to develop integrated partnership working. In addition we are looking for:
- Experience of working with young people in a treatment and/ or prescribing setting for substance use/ misuse
- Experience of working with challenging and hard to engage young people
- Experience of working with young people in group and one-to-one settings.
- Excellent working knowledge of alcohol, drugs and their effects
- Knowledge of issues around substance misuse amongst young people
- An awareness of the current issues relating to at risk and vulnerable young people
- Knowledge of engagement and intervention strategies.
- Knowledge of Every Child Matters and other appropriate youth policies.
- Relevant professional qualification in substance misuse
- Relevant qualification in youth work studies
- Skills in Inter-agency working
- Training/group work – information education delivery.
- Specialist knowledge in CBT, MI, REBT or other relevant intervention skills
- Counselling qualification and/ or skills
- Previous work experience within a youth justice setting.
- Knowledge of social and policy issues affecting young people (e.g. youth justice etc.)
- Knowledge of support and referral agencies within Hampshire
- Previous work experience with disaffected teenagers