Support Counsellor / CBT Practitioner Required: London
- Location: London, E1W 3HW
- Salary scale: £32,000 (pro rata)
- Hours: 0.7FTE (24.5 hours per week, flexible hours including evenings and weekends)
- Contract: 2 years fixed term contract
- Reports to: Interim Counselling Team Manager
- Annual leave: 28 days per annum + Bank Holiday (pro rata)
- Closing Date: 12pm on Monday 16th December 2019
SurvivorsUK provides specialist support to men and boys, trans people, and non-binary people who have been raped, sexually assaulted or abused.
This is an exciting and challenging new role at SurvivorsUK, that combines counselling and practical support.
It is designed to help survivors with complex and high support needs, for whom traditional methods of delivering counselling services don’t work.
It includes people with clinical mental health diagnoses, drug and alcohol dependencies, at risk of suicide, homelessness or involved in the sex industry.
You will need to be a highly skilled counsellor/practitioner with experience of dealing with highly vulnerable clients, willing to work flexibly and on your own initiative.
Importantly, you will be a compassionate person able to blend therapeutic work with practical support and care.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Clearance.