Therapeutic Practitioner Required (Children’s Society): Manchester
Salary: £22929 rising to £25477 per annum
Location: Wythenshawe and/or Oldham
Region: North West
Closing date: 12 July 2019
Permanent position but with a provisional end date for funding of 31/3/2020.
37 hours per week (this will include shift patterns including evening and weekend work)
The Children’s Society has been helping children and young people in this country for over 130 years.
We run local services that support children when they are at their most vulnerable and in desperate need of help. We’re there for children, every step of the way.
This role sits within our children and families directorate, which works to provide immediate one-to-one and group support for children who urgently need support.
Your role will be to help us maintain and develop innovative practice to support our work in our services around the country.
We are currently looking for a therapeutic worker to join our dynamic, ambitious team.
A key part of this role will be your ability to deliver 1-1 therapeutic support in line with the therapy framework outlined within the Greater Manchester mental health crisis pathway.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- Counselling Qualification minimum Level 4 Diploma or Qualified Mental Health Worker
- Experience of working with young people with mental health difficulties
- Computer literate and able to navigate a data management system
- Ability to manage own caseload and effective time management
- High standards in written communication