Therapist / Counsellor Required: Brighton, East Sussex
Based at: Homewood College primarily (4 days) with a degree of flexibility for the right candidate
Paid weeks per year: 46.94
Start date: 1 September 2020
Closing date: 20 April 2020
Interview date: 24 April 2020
Central Hub Brighton (Homewood College) is looking for an experienced therapist to work between 3 and 4.5 days, primarily at Homewood College, working with students aged 11-16. Our students have social, emotional and mental health needs and often have histories of trauma. It is an exciting opportunity to work creatively and in a more long term way with young people in a school setting. Please indicate how many days you are able to work as we have a degree of flexibility around the number of days to be worked.
You will be part of a team of therapists who work across the sites, supported by them at a fortnightly meeting where we have both reflective practice and pragmatic sessions. Supervision will be discussed further at interview.
This is a unique opportunity to develop clinical skills within an educational environment, offering the chance to work collaboratively with a range of professionals and to use therapeutic skills creatively to meet the needs of students. In return, we offer excellent support from colleagues and staff, commitment to CPD including access to internal and external training.
Your daily caseload will vary but we would expect you to
- see 5-6 clients a day (within timetabled sessions which may not be full therapy hours)
- be responsible for and deliver some group therapy
- take part in staff briefings and meetings
- take part in and deliver staff training
- liaise effectively with staff within the school and other professional colleagues, parents and carers
- be part of the staff team and take part in the daily life of Central Hub Brighton
- be flexible
- write reports on clients seen twice a year and on request
- Significant experience (over 5 years) of working with young people with histories of trauma
- Use of multiple therapy modalities including talk therapy
- Suitable qualifications for the role (at least to degree level)
Additional 0. 5 day role of therapy coordinator (fixed term)
Please indicate if you would also like to apply for this role. You will need to be available on Mondays as there is an established Monday meeting with other Hub therapists from 2:45 -3:45 pm fortnightly.
Main outline of duties and person specification:
You will be a qualified therapist who has experience of:
- Delivering therapeutic sessions to children and young people
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of therapy
- Leading groups of people for training
- Organising your time to maximise the impact of interventions
You will be expected to:
- Coordinate (in co-ordination with Dialogue) the therapists employed by the Therapeutic Intervention Group across The Central Hub (details of this will be supplied on request)
- Report on the impact of the therapeutic interventions to SLT at each provision or as appropriate
- Share your time and expertise equitably across the sites co-ordinating the therapies and ensuring they are fit for purpose