Counsellor (Community/Schools Based ) – Wandsworth, London
Salary: £28,256.83 to £29,256.83 inclusive of London weighting (Zone 1, Grade F) pro rata for part time post
Application closing date: 07/10/2018
Job reference: R0002133
Date posted: 26/09/2018
Package: Permanent, One full time role, one part time, 21 hours per week.
- Supporting the Service Manager to develop community based satellite counselling drop-ins across the borough.
- Providing structured counselling services in accordance with professional ethics, national standards and guidelines.
- Supporting the Service Manager/Senior Therapist in the review and development of treatment services
- Ensuring that all client records are correctly maintained and stored.
- Attending regular counselling supervision with the Senior Therapist
- A counselling or psychotherapy qualification
- Experience of providing therapeutic interventions
- Basic computer literacy skills
- Knowledge and experience of issues facing young people, particularly in relation to potential family/placement breakdown
- Experience of working eclectically to meet the individual needs of the young person
- A good understanding of the effects and harms of substances on young people.