What is an online counsellor or online therapist?
An online counsellor or online therapist is a trained professional who has graduated from a formal training programme for aspiring counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists and provides counselling and therapy online.
An online counsellor or therapist provides a similar service as a face-to-face service.
It’s also important to know that while online counsellors and therapists can provide guidance to clients, they cannot diagnose or treat mental illness over the Internet.
Online counsellors and therapists provide their service and support through various digital methods, including instant messaging, email, video call and real-time chat.
Online counsellors are often used by individuals who want some sort of therapy but do not wish to leave their homes or visit a counsellor or therapist in an office setting.
- If they prefer not to meet in-person, online is a practical option
- If they’re busy and find meeting for a 50-minute appointment a struggle, online is convenient
- If they live in a rural area and geographically isolated, or ill and housebound, online is an accessible solution
- If you can’t afford counselling at the moment, online is more affordable. *This one is of course, only if you offer reduce online fees
- People in rural areas that don’t have access to counselling or therapy
- People that are really busy
- People that can’t get away when they don’t have childcare
- Expats that live abroad
- People experiencing transport poverty, carers and young parents
- People who want or need their sessions during their lunch hour
If you have any questions about online counselling or online therapy, I’m happy to answer them, drop me a line by clicking here
There are now online counsellors and therapists practicing across the UK in any of the counties below:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE/TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE / EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)