What is an online counsellor or online therapist?
An online counsellor or online therapist is a trained professional who has graduated from a formal training programme for aspiring counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists and provides counselling and therapy online.
An online counsellor or therapist provides a similar service as a face-to-face service.
It’s also important to know that while online counsellors and therapists can provide guidance to clients, they cannot diagnose or treat mental illness over the Internet.
Online counsellors and therapists provide their service and support through various digital methods, including instant messaging, email, video call and real-time chat.
Here are some examples of why you may choose online counselling.
- If you prefer not to meet in-person or in an office setting, online is a practical option
- If you’re busy and find meeting for a 50-minute appointment a struggle, online is convenient
- If you live in a rural area and geographically isolated, online can be a lifeline
- If you’re ill and housebound, online is an accessible solution
- If you can’t afford counselling at the moment, online can often be more affordable
- If you have small children or a carer and find it difficult to leave the house
- If you live abroad as an expat
- If you experience difficulties with transport
- If you simply want to fit in counselling sessions during your work lunch hour
If you have any questions about online counselling or online therapy, I’m happy to answer them, drop me a line by clicking here
There are now online counsellors and therapists practicing across the UK in any of the counties below:
LONDON & GREATER LONDON
MIDLANDS (West /East)
NORTHUMBERLAND & TYNESIDE/TYNE & WEAR
NOTTINGHAMSHIRE / EAST MIDLANDS
YORKSHIRE (North / South / East / West)