XENZONE: Online counsellor. Salary £25k (Pro-Rata).
DESCRIPTION: Closing Date May 2nd 2018
Xenzone are leading pioneers of online counselling in the UK, having won a number of prestigious awards. We have worked with 35+ commissioners and more than 95,000 young people so far. Xenzone runs the nationally recognised and award-winning young peoples’ counselling, support and advice service called Kooth, which is available online and in some areas, also face-to-face, and an adult version, called QWELL.
Our team is made up of a unique combination of expert mental health therapists, counsellors, skilled managers and IT specialists. Together they deliver and continuously develop our online e-therapy services and face-to-face counselling and support.
We are recruiting for a qualified counsellor/psychotherapist to provide early intervention, mental health and emotional support for young people and adults via our online platform QWELL for 30 hours per week
Role responsibilities (including but not limited to)
1. To work as part of an experienced national team offering counselling, support and advice to adults, assessment and referral, managing own caseloads, offering online counselling and early intervention emotional support, and providing longer term psychotherapy for those with more complex mental health difficulties when appropriate
4. To liaise, signpost and refer to agencies and individuals who may be in contact with the person. For example; CAMHs, colleges, social services, health authorities, 3rd sector organisations, GPs, youth and community services, and parents/adoptive parents/foster parents/carers.
5. To work with other counsellors/psychotherapists to continue to deliver and develop an accessible and appropriate online service given the changing needs of the person and the changing IT environment.
6. To be aware of and ensure compliance with legal requirements and internal policies with particular reference to Safeguarding.
7. To undertake any requests made by the Xenzone Management Team that are relevant to the post of counsellor/psychotherapist, including participation in line management and clinical supervision.
- Relevant professional qualification and accreditation-eligibility in counselling or psychotherapy at diploma level or above, or equivalent
- Experience of assessment, referral and providing effective short term and long term counselling/psychotherapy
- Experience working with young people and adults facing mental health difficulties
- Experience of liaising with and referring to other agencies both statutory and voluntary especially with regards to Safeguarding procedures.
- Commitment to improving the mental health and emotional well-being of young people and adults,and knowledge of current issues in mental health
Salary: 25k (Pro-rata)
In this role you will work from home with hours some evenings and weekends.
You will be provided with the necessary equipment and a full training programme to get you started, alongside a full professional development programme throughout the year. This is a permanent contract that offers a competitive salary and a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days + bank holidays.
Our Head Office is in Manchester, but we also have offices in London.
XenZone aspires to create a diverse workforce that appropriately reflects the users of our services. Therefore, for this role, we particularly welcome applications from male candidates as they are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Closing date 2 May 2018 @ 10.00 am