Xenzone Adult Platform: Online Counsellor
Salary: 25k (Pro-rata)
Closing date: 29th October @ 10.00 am
In this role you will work from home with hours some evenings and weekends as stated above.
You will be provided with the necessary equipment and a full training programme to get you started, alongside a full professional development programme throughout the year.
This is a permanent contract that offers a competitive salary and a generous annual leave entitlement of 28 days + bank holidays.
Our Head Office is in Manchester, but we also have offices in London.
XenZone aspires to create a diverse workforce that appropriately reflects the users of our services.
Therefore, for this role, we particularly welcome applications from male candidates as they are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Interviews 7th & 8th November in London or Manchester.
We are recruiting for a qualified counsellor/psychotherapists to provide early intervention, mental health and emotional support for adults via our online platform QWELL for 18 hours per week.( 2 posts).
This will include 1 x day time shift 12-5 pm 1 x evening shift 5-10 pm and one weekend shift 10-6 pm. plus 2 hours for supervision/training.
Role responsibilities (including but not limited to…
1. To work as part of an experienced national team offering counselling, support and advice to adults, assessment and referral, managing own caseloads, offering online counselling and early intervention emotional support, and providing longer term psychotherapy for those with more complex mental health difficulties when appropriate
4. To liaise, signpost and refer to agencies and individuals who may be in contact with the person. For example; social services, health authorities, 3rd sector organisations, GPs, youth and community services.
5. To work with other counsellors/psychotherapists to continue to deliver and develop an accessible and appropriate online service given the changing needs of the person and the changing IT environment.
6. To be aware of and ensure compliance with legal requirements and internal policies with particular reference to Safeguarding.
7. To undertake any requests made by the XenZone Management Team that are relevant to the post of counsellor/psychotherapist, including participation in line management and clinical supervision.
- Relevant professional qualification and accreditation-eligibility in counselling or psychotherapy at diploma level or above, or equivalent
- Experience of assessment, referral and providing effective short term and long-term counselling/psychotherapy
- Experience working with Adults facing mental health difficulties
- Experience of liaising with and referring to other agencies both statutory and voluntary especially with regards to Safeguarding procedures.
- Commitment to improving the mental health and emotional well-being for adults and young people and knowledge of current issues in mental health