Young People Intensive Key Work Practitioners Required: Norfolk
Region: East of England
Location: The Children’s Society East based in Norfolk
Vacancy type: Permanent
Closing date: May 14th
Interviews will be held on 3rd May 2019.
Inside Out Young People Intensive Key work Practitioner
Permanent contract but please note that the funding is provisionally due to end on 31st March 2021.
We are looking for a Practitioner to join our dynamic, ambitious team
The Inside out pilot service will provide intensive coaching and support services to complex and high risk identified looked after young people; and their carers/family; who exhibit multiple vulnerabilities and would benefit from intensive one to one support to build their emotional resilience and support them to achieve stable placements, reduce their risk of harm and achieve positive outcomes and reunification with their families.
In order to be successful with this role, you will need to be able to:
Build positive relationships with individual young people by providing intensive one to one coaching support and group work interventions in order to reduce harm and develop their emotional resilience.
To hold a small caseload providing up to 25hours per week intensive support and coaching.
To co-produce care and safety plans with young people that are young people led, focusing on both a relational & strength based approach
To build positive relationships with young people’s families, supporting them to be part of the care plan and working to reunify families and for young people to achieve placement stability either in care or within the home.
To work to provide out of hours support for young people as part of an on call rota system, to ensure 24/7 coverage providing young people with out of hours and emergency support through both online and other mediums.
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- A relevant professional qualification working with vulnerable children and families e.g. Diploma/degree in social work, counselling qualification, professional youth worker or related NVQ or degree.
- Substantial experience of working with looked after young people and those that are hard to reach and from diverse backgrounds on both a one to one basis and through group work interventions.
- Experience of supporting adolescents who are dealing with complex and sensitive issues through offering advice and advocacy.
- Experience of partnership and multi-agency working.
- Experience of working on one’s own and within a team.
- To demonstrate effective e use and maintain case management systems, contribute to the administration of the project by undertaking tasks that support effective delivery of services, monitoring and evaluation of work and the maintenance of accurate records.